The Senior Systems Analyst provides leadership and coordination of project teams consisting of management, users, IS staff, and vendors. Performs systems analyst activities and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency and is responsible for performing a variety of complex programming tasks, such as designing, documenting, and coding program logic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following-
• Provides application support and enhancements to existing applications. Defines system requirements, priorities, and viable alternatives. Coordinates the efforts of staff to locate, assess, install, test, and maintain computer software systems. Coordinates conversions and upgrades to vendor systems.
• Develop programming requirements to meet specific business needs.
• Performs analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
• Designs data bases and data dictionary criteria.
• Provides technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users and departmental staff.
• Perform programming according to agreed upon specifications.
• Document all modifications or enhancements.
• Develops solutions that meet customer needs in an effective manner while efficiently managing computing resources.
• Assess available technologies to design solutions and create programming specifications for the development or modification of internal applications, database systems, user interfaces, reporting systems, application programming interfaces, operational systems, architectural frameworks, configurations, etc.
• Analyze resource requirements to create time and cost estimates for the solution.
• Create detailed test cases, develop and evaluate test scripts, and review test results to ensure design requirements are met.
• Must have ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing systems analyst tasks. Some independent judgment required in setting priorities of tasks among multiple assigned projects.
• Knowledge of information systems, including some familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems, financial /business applications, manufacturing planning systems, inventory control applications and ability to plan and perform medium- to large-scale software integrations
• Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous priorities.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to design applications in sales, accounting, engineering, manufacturing scheduling, inventory control, payroll and web interfaces.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information systems proposals, and to evaluate and develop alternative implementation plans.
• Knowledge of computer systems analysis and design concepts, methods, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and to develop appropriate systems and/or applications solutions.
• Ability to plan, design, coordinate installation, test, and modify complex systems and subsystems.
• Solid background in relational database concepts. Especially Microsoft SQL Server.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with Visual Studio and or similar application development suite
• Experience with industry standard business intelligence systems, like SQL Reporting Services and Integration Services
• Experience with system integrations and API platforms
• Optional: Experience with Microsoft ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Minimum of five years experience in systems analysis and/or programming with project management.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems/Industrial Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Buck Knives is an Equal Opportunity Employer