CNC MACHINIST SUPERVISOR
Provides hands-on supervision, responsible for planning, supervising, organizing, training and coordinating the CNC machine fabrication area employees on all shifts, while producing high quality products safely, efficiently, and in a cost-effective manner to support the needs of production.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Establish and maintain a safe working environment.
• Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of employees.
• Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work and work techniques.
• Ability to setup, program, operate and troubleshoot Haas CNC machines.
• Working knowledge and editing of "G" and "M" codes.
• Competent blueprint reading and tolerance understanding. Using micrometers, indicators, edge finder's calipers or various measuring tools to verify part accuracy.
• Complies with all quality policies, specifications and instructions.
• Communicate and implement company policies, procedures and objectives. Facilitate the flow of fact based information.
• Recommend and implement improvements in area with regards to methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
• Establish maintenance requirements for equipment and facility in conjunction with the 5S program. Ensure timely maintenance is performed and proper records are maintained.
• Assess employee performance, provide frequent constructive feedback to employees, and conduct performance reviews. Implement corrective and disciplinary action as warranted.
• Identify and implement necessary personnel coaching, training and development to upgrade and maintain employee skill levels to keep pace with current and future company requirements.
• Maintain effective communication with other departments.
• Work to continuously improve in all areas such as safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
The essential skills and qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to determine work priorities and delegate work to others.
• Solid understanding of lean and how to apply lean principals, methodology in a manufacturing environment with the fully integrated MRP/MRPII computer system
• Leadership skills.
• Ability to apply machinist craft techniques, processes, and principles.
• Ability to apply shop mathematics to practical problems such as computing dimensions, laying out work, and setting up machine tools.
• Ability to read and interpret work from sketches, specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers through BOMs (Build of Materials).
• Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
• Able to implement change and resolve conflicts.
· Must be proficient with computers, Microsoft programs.
• Associated Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must have recent CNC machining background.
· Must possess at least 5 years of hands supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment.
To apply please fill out application and turn in to:
Alicia Ray, HR Manager
Buck Knives Inc.
660 S. Lochsa St.
Post Falls, ID 83854
We are an equal opportunity employer.